Wednesday, November 30, 2016

EVALUATING EXPRESSIONS

RETEACH, REVIEW, RELEARN

Yesterday we had a bit of a step back when it comes to evaluating expressions. I learned that my students did not make the connection from expressions to equations. During an assessment to make sure they can substitute and tell me if a solution to an equation makes the statement true, they could not tell me. They could not remember what an expression like 4a, means and therefore they could not evaluate it properly. They also were not using the order of operations correctly. So in my attempt to fix this we went through the following slides today in class and did a lot of repeat after me, and clarification exercises to make sure that we finally have the understanding necessary to be successful on math standard 6.EE.5. We will pick up at the last slide tomorrow and do more practice to be sure they have mastery of this standard.






















No comments:

Post a Comment